Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Back down to earth ..

We've been back from Noosa for almost a week now.

It was a full two weeks. Really full. The day we arrived I was just shattered. It was a bit of a shock just leaving as the plane left two hours earlier than I'd realised so we had to be out of here by 7am. Matt had organised to have a dinner with his mate who lives near Noosa and their friends too, keep in mind I'd been up since 5am - in bed the night before at 1am and that we were also two hours out with jetlag. Anyway, I stuck it out and we had a great night though I felt we were in la la land. It was great to see old friends and their kids and just talk to people who knew me and got me and I didn't have to worry about things the way I do here in this community I live in here in Auckland. Anyway ... !!
It wasn't hot but it was sunny and we enjoyed the next few days just puttering about at the beach and the wonderful Eumundi markets, I was enjoying a wine in the sun with my book, it was heavenly. But so tired! I was hitting the hay at 7.30pm and putting it down to sun/wine and jetlag.
We'd received the sad news that Matt's grandfather Pink had passed away the day we arrived, and had to arrange flights down to Newcastle that Thursday, stay overnight at the caravan park there where Matt's parents had been staying while waiting for Pink to pass for the last three weeks etc. Then attend the funeral the next day and fly back to QLD that night. It was a two hour drive to and from Brisbane to the airport too and we squeezed in a job interview for Matt at his companies QLD office on the way. So it was really quite a stressful week that first week. Hard hard hard. But it was very important that we went, to support Matt's parents, his Mum in particular, to give respect to the wonderful man that Pink was, to show support to Evelyn, Pink's wife. It was wonderful to catch up with Matt's extended family and to have some time together with his parents on the Thursday night, we had dinner at the local pub and were able to have a proper talk. We won't see Matt's parents until Christmas so it was fantastic to just have that one night together.
Catching up with the cousins the next day was great, the service was lovely and the girls made it half way through before I had to take them to the church's 'crying room' .. I'm sure Asha could sense the tension and sadness, they both did very well considering. We rushed back to the airport to fly home and had more dramas with flight times but made it home to Noosa that night, leaving the funeral at 3.45pm, arrrived home at 10.45. A 7 hour journey, draining but worthwhile.
We woke up on Saturday with relaxation on our minds, friends arriving from Brisbane - Mark, Kath, Ruby and Max, who arrived that evening at 6pm laden with food and wine and other assorted bits and bobs. It was soooooo good to see them, to spend a few days together, my girls were thrilled to have other friends to play with, to have a 'sleepover' with, it was great fun.
The second week the stress from the funeral and additional travel behind us we were able to really relax. The grey skies cleared and we had three fantastic beach days. That's what we really needed. The girls took to body boarding like little champions, we made mermaids and I read my book, we swam and ate snowcones, did all the things that make a beach holiday perfect.

OH and we spent the day at Australia Zoo! It was Bindi's birthday so there was lots of excitement in the air and it was great to see Bindi Terri and Bob, I admire that family a lot and still feel so much sadness over Steve Irwin's death, mainly in terms of his children, seeing the incredible connection he had with his daughter. But it was a great day with the girls who ran around harrassing the kangaroos, would have made Steve look down on them proudly ;).
Finally Saturday came and of course we couldn't have a simple trip home, oh no, we had to leave at the very last minute with 5 jobs to do on the way out of Noosa, then fang like ferals down the highway to Brisbane for a family photoshoot, our first - to which of course we arrived stressed, Lulu particularly has the most tired face as she slept the entire way to Brisbane in the car and we woke her up minutes before Rachel started snapping away. Anyway. Then we had to rush from there to the airport only to find that our flight had been delayed!
At witching hour, the kids were crazy, Matt was short tempered - most likely just sad to be leaving Noosa again - however we made it back and the girls were good on the plane.

We got home to a graffitied garage door and ongoing constant heavy rain. Oh yeah.

Oh but did I forget something? I think I did. That Thursday night, after arriving at the caravan park in Newcastle, but before heading out to the pub for dinner with Di and Graham, I did a pregnancy test. And it was positive. After more than a year and a half of trying, I'm pregnant, we're expecting a baby. We're so so thrilled. It explains that insane tiredness I was feeling those first few days on holiday too. Due March, all is going well so far though it's very very early days. We're not telling family and old friends immediately (weird I know). Wish us well. And thanks for reading if you made it this far. XX


( 16 comments — Leave a comment )
Aug. 3rd, 2007 08:10 pm (UTC)
oh Jo...Congratulations! Thats so exciting (esp. since you have been trying and all!)...I wish all the best for you....and your beautiful family.
You seem to be a wonderful mother, so I can only wish that the world gets blessed with more children from you!
Aug. 9th, 2007 07:45 am (UTC)
thanks for your lovely words ruth :) i do try to hug more than yell but the balance gets a bit warped some days :S
Aug. 3rd, 2007 09:53 pm (UTC)
it's so lovely to hear from you jo ! sounds like the most insane time, with emotions all over the place. i'll bet you need a holiday now to recover from your holiday?
Aug. 9th, 2007 07:47 am (UTC)
Yep - dead right Karen! Next thing we've got to look forward to is 4 weeks at 'home' in Melbourne for Christmas.
Aug. 4th, 2007 12:56 am (UTC)
Sounded like you had a great time in Noosa. It's kinda hard not to in such a beautiful place.
Congratulations on your fab news!
Aug. 4th, 2007 12:57 am (UTC)
Sorry forgot to say who I was!! Hello from Anita and The Boys :)
Aug. 9th, 2007 07:48 am (UTC)
Thanks so much Anita, brilliant to hear from you. I saw your RR pics on facebook, they're great, still waiting on mine, so impatient!
Aug. 4th, 2007 10:44 am (UTC)
hello lovely, congratulations again. We're very excited about your baby news. *Very*. It was super fabulous to see you all. Max is Asha obsessed. He talks about her every single day. Very sweet.

It certainly was an eventful trip. Glad you had a few calm family days.

peace and love from us to you, k
Aug. 9th, 2007 07:49 am (UTC)
Kath that is so cute about Max. I hope it's not too long before we see each other again. Perhaps your family needs to come to Auckland? Oh we need to talk about our house being empty here in January ;) you could housesit!
Aug. 6th, 2007 03:43 am (UTC)
Oh My Goodness!!!! (Thank heavens for the links on Kath's blog!) Congratulations! So very happy and excited for you. March is a great month. :-)
Georgia xxx
Aug. 9th, 2007 07:50 am (UTC)
Yes, March is special indeed ;)
Aug. 6th, 2007 11:57 pm (UTC)
Oh YAY!! I'm so happy for you - a new baby!! What wonderful news - I hope it's all very uneventful and relaxing for you :) .. I'm sad we missed out on having you in Sydney :) Jarbs XX
Aug. 9th, 2007 07:52 am (UTC)
Oh Jarbs I know, I was disappointed we didn't come through Sydney (flew straight into Newcastle, I was assuming we'd fly into Sydney and drive up). It was all a crazy emotional rush in the end, I'm sorry I didn't see you. Looking forward to seeing your puppy! XX Jo
Aug. 9th, 2007 12:25 pm (UTC)
Congratulations Jo!!! What wonderful news, I'm very very happy for you and your gorgeous family. Wishing you a safe and healthy nine months.
Glad to hear you holiday settled down and you had a relaxing time. The photos from Rachel are gorgeous, your girls are so beautiful.
Aug. 13th, 2007 08:29 am (UTC)
A big fat huge congratulations Jo, Matt Asha and Lulu. A new baby on it's way. Let's see...sporting event, March...the Grand Prix! You'll have all the calendar covered. It's such fabulous news and how lovely that you're due the same time as Megan.

Sorry to hear about Matt's grandfather passing away, he will be missed.

Glad you had a lovely relaxing holiday while you were here, fabulous shots of Asha and Lulu on Rachel's blog.

Sharon xxxxx
Aug. 18th, 2007 12:55 am (UTC)
Thanks Sharon :)
I know, Grand Prix baby .. I'll have to check the dates to see when I'm going into labour! I'm suffering pretty badly at the moment but counting the days (only about 30!) to feeling better. Now you are NOT a lady I can complain about morning sickness to!
( 16 comments — Leave a comment )



Latest Month

August 2008

Page Summary

Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by Ideacodes